Strengths of Emotionally Focused Therapy
- EFT is based on a clear understanding of relationship distress and adult love and is supported by over 20 years of empirical research.
- EFT is collaborative and respectful of clients combining experiential Rogerian techniques with structural systemic interventions.
- EFT provides a clear map that the therapist can follow to help couples and families become emotionally connected and responsive to one another.
- Change strategies and interventions are specific and address recurring patterns of negative interaction as well as the underlying emotions that drive these patterns.
- EFT has been successfully applied to many different kinds of problems and populations.